Sunday, 27 October 2013

Race report: 2013 Abingdon Marathon

Ran this a week ago in 3:27 flat. Was expecting to do better, not sure what went wrong. Conditions were OK, a little muddy, but I don't have a good explanation for why my time was 11.5 minutes slower than when I ran this same race a year ago. And 12 minutes slower than North Dorset Village, which was only 5.5 months ago and a tougher course. Not enough long training runs? Maybe should not have had three pints the night before? Getting old? Don't know. Just started feeling really fatigued around miles 18-20. Oh well, at least I'm not injured. so will just focus on London 2014, coming up in about six months.

Despite the disappointing time, it was a good day out with my family. After the race we had a nice Sunday lunch at the Royal Standard of England, a wonderful pub in Beaconsfield. The post-Marathon pub lunch has become one of my favorite rituals.








No comments:

Post a Comment