Two London Marathon magazines arrived on Saturday, one telling me I was in 'good for age' (which I already knew), the other telling me I was in on the ballot. If I wasn't in already I'd feel really lucky about the ballot, as the chances of that happening were only about 20%. But I'll just fail to pay the fee and the place will go to someone else.
In other news, feeling good about Abingdon in three weeks. Not in the best shape ever but ready enough to be looking forward to it. Ran 22 miles along the canal and in Denham Village yesterday, felt good afterwards (except for the bee sting on my eyelid, acquired in my first mile, which has caused the right side of my face to swell up), not a fantastic pace (7:57) but had gas in the tank at the end.
Also, registered today for the Grand Union Canal Half Marathon on 10 November. Starts about a mile from our house. I've run on the canal hundreds of times so this feels like an appropriate race. Hopefully will be in great shape for a half, as this will be just three weeks post-Abingdon.

No comments:
Post a Comment