Monday, 25 November 2013

Race report: 2013 Grand Union Canal Half Marathon

Ran this about two weeks ago. My time wasn't great (7:23 pace), but I can blame that partly on the muddy conditions, and I really enjoyed the race. The canal is very familiar to me so I felt at home. Had some energy left in reserve towards the end, so was able to pull off an aggressive late surge: my two fastest miles were 12 (6:53) and 13 (7:06). My family met me at the finish line in Watford. No great photos, but the shadowy one below shows off the 'purple patch' medal (and my son in the background).

It was a nice way to wrap up the 2013 racing season, which was the most active of my life. Three marathons, two half marathons, and two 10k's. Some good performances (especially the NDV Marathon and the 10k's), some disappointing ones (especially the other two marathons), but I'm running fairly well these days and happy to have been able to complete so many races without injury this year. Looking forward to the next big race, the 2014 London Marathon, about 20 weeks away.


No comments:

Post a Comment