(*'Officially' my fastest 10k was the Dolphin Dash I ran nearly four years ago, but according to Garmin that course measured short: 6.10 miles, compared to today's pretty accurate course of 6.24 miles. So my actual pace for that was 6:49, a lot slower than today).
I don't know if the times will be posted, but below is photo of the print-out they gave me. They said I came in twelfth overall (not sure if that's net or gun time), and there seemed to be hundreds of runners. Not sure why I did so well, but I suspect the weight loss had a lot to do with it (I've lost about 12 pounds over the past couple months). The panoromic photo was created by Google, it shows me in triplicate, finishing the race.
It was a fantastic event overall, beyond just the race. Great astronomy exhibits for kids, and my whole family loved it.




No comments:
Post a Comment