Tuesday, 12 July 2016

More on Wycombe

For all its flaws, at least the photos from the Wycombe Half came out pretty well. I like the retro look of the Hillingdon AC vest.

I gave the race a mixed review at Runner's World. I said I enjoyed it and gave it a 4 out of 5 overall, but I did answer 'no I wouldn't run it again' and I cited the extra distance as the biggest flaw. My review was the 9th on the site, and of the eight that came before, seven said 'yes I'd run it again' and one said 'maybe'. However since my review, all five reviewers have also said they wouldn't run it again and most have also cited the extra 0.5 miles. I didn't mean to start such a negative trend but I guess it's a good thing if people are speaking their mind about it. I feel a bit bad for the organizers as I thought it was a good event in many ways, but getting the distance right is really the first rule of any race.



No comments:

Post a Comment