Ran again yesterday with the Hillingdon AC and enjoyed it. Same route as last time (the 'Denham Eleven'). Last Wednesday I picked up my vest from the clubhouse, had to drive through ridiculous flooding (as in 2 feet of water) to get there. That was the infamous day of the Brexit referendum, one of the things we chatted about while running yesterday.
My two runs so far with the HAC have been at about the same pace I would have run them on my own, but they felt like less work because I was with other people. The run yesterday was nearly 11 miles but I hardly noticed the effort, it was nice and a bit strange. The first 6 miles in particular flew by without me even realizing. It's apparent that these runs have been slightly easier for me than for my partners so I think to make it harder for myself I'll get in the habit of running both to and from the clubhouse; distance from home to clubhouse is 2.5 miles so that'd add 5 miles to my Sunday runs. Won't run with them next Sunday however as that's the day of the Bushey 10k. Will be wearing my vest though.

No comments:
Post a Comment