Monday, 16 May 2016

More Post-London

As London recedes further in the rear view mirror just a couple more things to say about it. A great thing about it was that my family was there. My third London marathon but the first time my family has braved the crowds to cheer me on, and that meant a lot to me. They were there on the sidelines at two points and I was able to pick them out thanks to their bright yellow balloon.

After I finished the marathon I noticed some Mizunos a guy was wearing, they had this cool swirly pattern and a sole that looked minimalist yet rugged. I don't think a pair of running shoes has ever caught my eye like that but the design of these shoes just seemed really unique and compelling. Then weirdly, just a few seconds later I noticed another guy wearing the same shoes in a different colour. When I went home I went online and discovered they were called the Wave Hitogami 2. Not the latest thing (they've already been superseded by the Hitogami 3) but I was able to buy a pair and I love them as much as I thought I would. Ran a 10k in them yesterday (more on that soon) and have been thinking about getting a second pair just to stock up. They're not as minimalist and flexible as I'm used to but they're light, super-comfortable, and they have this really springy midsole structure that seems to just propel you along.



No comments:

Post a Comment