Thought I would leave from Richmond again like last time, to head the correct way this time towards Hampton Court. But the Piccadilly Line wasn't running so I caught the 7am Metropolitan line to Embankment instead. Was running by 8am and it was a great time to be running through central London, the sun was out and hardly any people around. There were a few other runners and they all seemed as happy as me to have the city to ourselves on a beautiful morning. Ran across Millennium and Tower Bridges, past Canary Wharf and then under the Thames to Greenwich. Discovered that there are a lot of quays in London that are nice to run around. Greenland Quay and the park nearby were especially good. Today's run was really a great experience, the best of these London runs so far, despite there not being a pub open anywhere near where I ended up (Bermondsey station in Southwark). Home by about noon.





No comments:
Post a Comment