Monday, 30 June 2014

Entered: Wycombe 2014, London 2015

Just paid £17 to enter the 2014 Wycombe Half Marathon, which will happen in three weeks, and £35 to enter the 2015 London Marathon, which will happen in ten months. Am happy to do Wycombe for the fourth time, more than I've done any other race. Charlie and Maggie can do the fun run again. And really pleased to be in London again on a good for age entry. Finishing within 7 seconds of 3:15 at the 2013 North Dorset Village Marathon has certainly paid off, affording me two good for age entries now. But unless I run sub-3:15 at Abingdon 2014 or London 2015, I won't qualify for London 2016. And I'm not sure how realistic it is to expect to ever get that fast again. I'll try, but I seem to be getting slower. Have thought about quitting the marathon and just focusing on the half, actually. We'll see what happens over the next year. I'll probably stick with the marathon at least as long as I can keep qualifying for London.

No comments:

Post a Comment