Tuesday, 2 July 2013

Signed up for London!

Seven seconds short of 3.15 at North Dorset was indeed good enough: my 'good for age' entry was accepted, I just paid the £35 fee so I'm officially signed up for the 2014 London Marathon. On my entry form I estimated my completion time as 3:08. Considering I've got nine months to train for it, that doesn't seem so unrealistic. Maybe I should aim for about 3.12 at Abingdon in about 3.5 months?

I've also signed up for a couple of shorter races that I'll run between now and the October Abingdon marathon. One is the Highway 10k, in Orpington, Kent, which I'll run this Sunday 7 July. It has a 2k fun run that Charlie will do as well. The other is the Burnham Beeches half marathon, on 18 August. It's a local race that looks excellent but somehow I hadn't heard of it until a few weeks ago. I'm doing it instead of the Wycombe half, which I'd signed up for but now can't do because I'll be in Miami for a conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment